At last, work from the company I'm at has come forth, though not quite as I expected. I was assigned to animate a portion of a story for a client, and was given the appropriate assets to do so. However, when I went to try out the character supplied, some stuff was out of sync and others were malfunctioning outright. I've been slowly fixing the character for the better part of the day, but I won't know what else to repair until my fellow co-workers tell me what they want repaired. Its not a total loss though, as I'm picking up a thing or two that I hadn't known about before this file. It can, and will be salvaged.
Meanwhile, I keep thinking about my test file I did for the company when I was on trial, and I want to fix her up a bit more. I'm not entirely satisfied with how I left it, so most likely, if and when I get the chance, I'll go back and refine it some more.
On a final note, a friend of mine posted a link to an amazing technical artist by the name of Chad Vernon. This man seems almost otherworldly to me, but at the same time, makes me want to work that much harder. Take a look at his amazing work at http://www.chadvernon.com/blog/.